Importing Ableton Live Sets (ALS)
Bitwig Studio version 4.0 can import some data from projects saved in Ableton Live version 8.1 or later.
- Main arrangement including clips, tempo, time signatures, cue markers, and automation.
- Clip launcher scenes including names, colors, and clips (along with applicable playback parameters).
- Audio, MIDI, and group tracks (and their contained tracks), along with their data and output routings.
- Simpler/Sampler (Ableton) are imported as Sampler (Bitwig) with rough parameters in place
- Some native Ableton synths load a similar Bitwig synth, with no parameters imported
- Racks (Ableton) are roughly imported as container devices (Bitwig)
- Common audio effects (e.g., compressors, EQs, reverbs) are added with the most important parameters, just to get in the general area of the original
- VST/VST3 plug-ins, along with settings and any automation.
- MIDI clip features (such as MPE, note chance, and velocity spread) and audio clip features (like pitch/volume modulation and warping) will be imported as closely as possible. Warp modes are converted to the closest match.
- Track input routings (MIDI From and Audio From)
- Audio Units (AU) plug-ins
- Drum chains with Receive key set to All will be ignored
- Devices that can’t be loaded are loaded as empty Chain devices, named to represent what the session contained
Was this helpful?Please login to give your Feedback.
Didn't find what you're looking for?
Get in touch with us if you need help with a technical issue, if you have questions about licenses or your account, or any other inquiry. We look forward to hearing from you.