Importing Ableton Live Sets (ALS)
Bitwig Studio version 4.0 can import some data from projects saved in Ableton Live version 8.1 or later.
- Main arrangement including clips, tempo, time signatures, cue markers, and automation.
- Clip launcher scenes including names, colors, and clips (along with applicable playback parameters).
- Audio, MIDI, and group tracks (and their contained tracks), along with their data and output routings.
- Simpler/Sampler (Ableton) are imported as Sampler (Bitwig) with rough parameters in place [added in v4.0 beta 2]
- Some native Ableton synths load a similar Bitwig synth, with no parameters imported [added in v4.0 beta 2]
- Racks (Ableton) are roughly imported as container devices (Bitwig) [added in v4.0 beta 2]
- Common audio effects (e.g., compressors, EQs, reverbs) are added with the most important parameters, just to get in the general area of the original [added in v4.0 beta 2]
- VST/VST3 plug-ins, along with settings and any automation.
- MIDI clip features (such as MPE, note chance, and velocity spread) and audio clip features (like pitch/volume modulation and warping) will be imported as closely as possible. Warp modes are converted to the closest match.
- Track input routings (MIDI From and Audio From)
- Audio Units (AU) plug-ins
- Drum chains with Receive key set to All will be ignored
- Devices that can’t be loaded are loaded as empty Chain devices, named to represent what the session contained [added in v4.0 beta 2]