How does the offline activation process work?
If you want to activate Bitwig Studio on a computer without internet connection, follow the steps below. First make sure you have registered your license in your user account at www.bitwig.com
- Install Bitwig Studio and start the application
- In the activation window click the link "Offline?"
- In the next window click Save activation request to file, save the file to a USB-stick or external hard drive - the file is called activation-request.bwrequest
- Take the file to a computer with internet access, here you go to www.bitwig.com and login to your user account
- In your account profile click Offline Activation below the license you want to unlock. On the screen that follows click Choose File, find your activation-request.bwrequest-file, then click Download to receive your activation file
- Bring the activation-file to your offline computer and start Bitwig Studio again
- From the offline activation window now select Choose activation response file, and locate the activation.bwreg-file
- Click continue, Bitwig Studio is now activated and ready for action!
Note: this process also applies to Bitwig Studio 8-Track and 16-Track.